Event & hire FAQ
Condition of building
- The Pyramid at Anderston is a building in flux, with the building having a partial refurb from a 1960’s Church into a community venue, you will find beautifully maintained original features next to brand new facilities and some rooms and spaces that have a little extra charm to them.
- There is a mix of heating solutions with the building and unfortunately due to its age, it isn’t very well insulated. During the winter months it can become very cold in corridors and hallways. For any hire or public event that requires a controlled climate, we offer certain spaces during warmer months only.
- The Pyramid space has no heating and is not suitable for certain events through the colder months, whereas the sports hall has fixed heating and can be used all year round.
- All the spaces within The Pyramid are accessible via passenger lifts or platform lifts, except the Cranston Hall which is via stair access only, this has 9 stairs to reach, and there are no toilets on the level it’s on.
- Cranston Room is accessible only from an external door, And non stair access to toilets would required leaving the building and coming back in via the front door.
- The top floor, The Pyramid space and Kelvingrove Room is accessible via platform lift.
Toilets And Facilities
- The main toilets are located on the ground floor, and are gendered and non-gendered Accessible, within the main toilets:
- There are 2 male cubicles and a urinal trough.
- There are 5 female cubicles.
- There is a full changing places toilet with shower.
- There is a dedicated baby change room.
Sport Hall Toilets and facilities, these are accessible for events in the sports hall only:
- There are three non-gendered individual toilets.
- There is one accessible toilet and shower room.
- There is a changing room that can be made available, with 6 lockers, and two showers.
- There is plentiful on street parking, that is free on evenings and weekends from 6pm, this is charged at council rates via ringo or the meter.
- Please enquire about dedicated parking for events, this may be able to be made available depending on availability.
- Guest parking for meetings with Pyramid staff can often be made available if requested in advance.
- The building is equipped with mid-range speed Wi-Fi throughout, it is suitable for streaming on zoom/teams and general use, but may struggle with larger conferences, in this case it can be limited to hosts only.
- The area has great 4g coverage for most networks.
- There is standard 13amp sockets throughout the venue, additional power up to 32amp single phase may be made available upon request, this may be chargeable.
- if your event uses significant power you must advise us at the time of the booking to ensure we are suitible.
Health & Safety
- The Pyramid requires all hires to be covered by their own public liability (and any other relevant / required instances) to cover all activity and anyone that they have on site (team, guests, public).
- There is a full fire detection system installed and covers all areas of the building.
- The fire alarm will be triggered by smoke or haze machines and these are usually not allowed – if you plan to use either of these please inform us at the time of booking, this will be chargeable as requires additional staffing.
- moving, tampering or removing any H&S or fire safety equipment during a hire may result in deposit being withheld.
Hire Options and Types
- “Dry Hire” means the hire of space/s in the building without any extra features: no accompanying technical equipment, catering, stock, installation, or staff beyond duty managers.
- Staffing options of any variety can be arranged in advance when booking the hire, and any additionally will be included in the hire agreement contract or in writing,
- What the pyramid offers in terms of set up, technical support, or cleaning will be made explicit in writing before the event, and will not be able to be changed without advance notice.
Dogs and Animals
- We do not allow dogs or animals on site during events unless it has been explicitly agreed as part of the event, or the animal is a registered assistance animal.
- Assistance animals are covered by the Equality Act 2010 and are legally protected. Assistance dogs/animals are not pets, and are allowed on sites at all times and to all parts.
- Emotional support animals are not considered an assistance animal and not allowed on site.