Conditions for Hire
The building is a space for the community, please do all you can to keep our costs down so we can be an affordable space for all.
- Access is only within your booked hours, please ensure you book enough time to set up and break down within this, as there may be events immediately before and after you.
- All spaces must be cleared and reset after use, with rubbish in bins, with chairs and tables to their original location.
- You may only use your agreed space, hallways and other spaces are not included in the hire.
- All Fire paths must remain clear at all times, do not prop fire doors open or remove extinguishers from walls.
- Power cables must not run across floors and create trip hazards.
- No smoking or vaping anywhere in the building at any time.
- No food and drink unless agreed beforehand.
- Your group leader is responsible for ensuring the safety of your group members at all times and especially in the event of the fire alarm sounding.
- No alcohol or drugs on site at any time.
- No open or enclosed flames, including birthday candles, sparklers or tea lights are permitted.
- Any Children brought into the building must be supervised at all times.
- The Kitchen is not available to use due to current legislation.
- We are in a residential area, so please keep all noise to a minimum, inside and out.
- All activities must be agreed before the hire, we reserve the right to stop any activity if not agreed beforehand, or if your event differs wildly from your stated event.
- If you intend to bring in external equipment, such as a bouncy castle or similar, the placing and use of this must be agreed with our Building Manager, for health and safety reasons.
- No Smoke, Haze, or Fog machines are allowed to be used within the building.
- Use of helium balloons must be agreed beforehand due to fire detection systems in use.
- On acceptance of your booking, you must pay a deposit of 25% to secure your booking.
- Cancellation – if you wish to cancel completely, please email email@example.com as soon as you can. Our usual policy is to charge a percentage of the booking fee for a cancellation depending on the notice given. 48 hours or less = 100% of fee, 7 days – 48 hours = 50% of booking fee, any other time – 7 days = deposit fee. However, if you believe this will cause you or your organisation unnecessary hardship, we will work with you to find a solution. Please note that deposits are non-returnable.
- Full payment must be paid before the date of hire, at least two weeks before and can be made by BACS.
Please note that your booking will not be confirmed until we receive your agreement to the above guidelines.